Tuesday, May 3

Blogs?

Wikipedia says a blog (a blend of the term web log) is a type of website or part of a website. Blogs are usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video.

Blogger.com says A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world. ..... whatever you want it to be. There are millions of them, in all shapes and sizes, and there are no real rules.

The point of all these definitions is that no one should question whats in a blog........unless they do it in a blog. That part of "whatever you want it to be" allows me to.

Anyway, my contention is that I find no value in your blog if its mere rantings. Give me your thoughts about something, however random, but once you make it "days of your lives" then I don't think its wise to pay attention. Nausea, by definition, is not appealing.

Having said all that, I think I approve of the use of blogs as emotional vents. If it reduces the psychological instability of the populace then great.

So here's my vent for the day. If being used makes you useful, why does it feel so damn lame? And are we allowed to be deliberately less useful or is purpose the sum total of our lives?

Random thought. I can post in blue. Vertigo is such a delightfully thrilling feeling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Bird Gadget