Monday, May 30

Rumours of a weekend gone by

I spent a total of 31 hours in a three session meeting between Thursday morning and Saturday evening including a 15 hour session on Friday. As if that's not enough, I had to get up at 1 am Sunday morning after sleeping at 11pm so that I could change sleeping positions by 714 km. So pardon me for not using any euphemisms when you ask me how my weekend was. I didn't have a bloody weekend.

Today I'm suffering from stretch marks. When I'm taken to the limits of biological and mental tolerance for a few days, getting back to normal schedule leaves me with that "bent forward" inertial feeling. Fortunately, this week is a two day week for me. Actually that's all that's keeping me going.

So my business trip had no interesting highlights. From the last post and the first paragraph of this post, there wasn't time to do much else. However, I must say I loved the service at the restaurants in Kigali - at least the three I went to. Not because the service is that good, but because of the aesthetic appeal of the people delivering that service. I kept wishing I was with my usual weekend crew - like a village dog, I have no guts on my own, not in that kind of setting anyway.

Anyway, on my way back I decide to save some coin by buying some duty free items and my, my, my. Behind that counter was such stunning beauty. And no, not the merchandise. I thought of so many Machiavellian thing I could do but alas, cameras and human rights. The light-hearted fun chatter as I shopped didn't help.

That's it for my trip.

And yes, like you I honestly thought that after not posting for so long and after being in such a different environment, I'd have something more to write about. Today I will sleep with a smile knowing the disappointment is not peculiar to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Bird Gadget