Thursday, September 15

The Adonis Factor

That's the title of a documentary I've just watched. It's about appreciation of male beauty, essentially how vain the "stronger" sex has become. Interesting piece that was screaming just one thing at me - VANITY!!! Human being are vain and must be destroyed.

Anyway, I saw this bit about nude yoga. I have no idea how that fitted into the whole documentary but it reminded me that a dear friend of mine once posted about life in the nude. Now that's something my whole being will never come to appreciate. Life in the nude is objectionable enough without bending in all manner of exposing positions and postures.

The whole concept of being exposed in public does not augur well with me. Not to mention that I grew up, actually have lived until recently, with the utmost sense of self consciousness about my body. And before we even get to my insecurities, the whole health and security issue about things dangling everywhere does not bother you? It bothers me much, and the breeze does not make up for the visual offense. I may not have a bone of art in me but I appreciate beauty, and notice the lack of it especially if its my face. And I cannot imagine that beauty, or lack of it, assaulting me raw. Think of the ugliest least beautiful person you know and imagine them naked (now go puke and come back to finish the post). Like y'all I'm a sensitive soul, there's only so much I can take.

I mean, being naked is such a small part of our lives, ain't it? I'm only naked in the shower and while "doing it", the former for a few minutes once a day and the latter for hopefully a few more minutes once a much-longer-period-depending-on-the-weather. I don't even sleep in the nude so I cannot contemplate living in the nude, AT ALL.

Having said that, there's some aesthetic value in partial nudity. You know, someone naturally (or artificially so long as we don't notice) beautiful dressing scantily, not from lack but deliberately and fashionably. In fact, that's a factor that I think is creeping into fashion, but I'm sure you'll find better blogs on that. But most of us sneak peaks at those underwear pictures and it ain't the fabric that's caught our attention.

Sigh, a shot of vodka in a whole glass of apple juice is not bad for a week night, is it? Especially when I'm thinking of taking the day off tomorrow, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Bird Gadget