Tuesday, September 13

Why We All Die

Ok, that's a misleading topic, but I got you reading.

A few minutes ago I got an epiphany and now have incredible wisdom to share on life's most pertinent problems. Why are politicians so annoying? Why are lawyers so crooked? Why are blogs filled with such pain, despair, frustration and other negative emotions? And why don't I like humanity in general?

You see, any activity that appeals to the general public or a section of the public is bound to play to its whims. Politicians have no choice but to appeal to the public, and the masses are not known to posses a collectively high IQ, ergo politicians have to be, or act stupid. Lawyers cater to the less law abiding in society, and in the process they pick up more than a few inappropriate habits. Blogs have to constantly appeal to the readers, and the readers are avid consumers of gossip and emotionally unhinged musings. You disagree? Join a support group or start a blog about it.

Anyway, the reason for this epiphany is that I have realized the posts that more appeal to the readers are those that either spread gossip, or expose a psychological problem with the author. I mean, do you really want to read about my opinion on any topic or just the juicy ones?

Sigh. I feel as though I am out of my depth with blogging. Perhaps I should change the url to make it anonymous and then start putting some really personal shit up. Or maybe I should just stop caring about you long enough to post what I damn well feel like posting. Maybe I should do shorter posts. Or maybe I should spend my time coming up with a scheme to be really rich and then you'll all read my posts coz I'm rich, not because the blog is entertaining.

That's a lot of maybes for a Tuesday morning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Bird Gadget