Monday, July 11

Me Likey!!

So I watched Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon. The movie was fascinating - as expected for someone who likes the whole graphics thing. I'm not sure it had any story or a moral to any such story but I loved the action and the graphics. Did I mention it was in 3D? The movie was.....to borrow someone's description - AWESOME!!!

Now there was this chic seated in front of us and I could tell from an early stage that she was going to be trouble. Judging from the way she was jerking her head and exclaiming in whispers, I knew she was excited. Just how excited, I came to learn later. I'm used to sci fi directors impressing one person more than me, but this chic just took it to another level.

At some point in the movie, she was standing up and exclaiming out loud! By the end of the movie, she had degenerated to using profanities to proclaim just how good the movie was. I learnt as we were walking out that she was not just excited, but also under the influence of two classes of really bad stuff.

Did she have more fun than us? I'm not sure, I tend to like my fun served straight up without the haziness that a few rolls of weed and a bucket of vodka brings. I'm risk averse, I like playing it safe. What's the use of having fun if you remember only half of it? Isn't fun like people, sure to pass away in everything but memory? Anyway, I'm me, and I like walking away from fun, not crawling or staggering or being towed away.

I did something I'm embarrassed about this weekend. I thought it would be fun, but only the shame remains. If only hindsight was as compromised as my normal vision, then maybe the details would be blurred enough for me to placate my conscience. That should explain my sentiments in the previous paragraph - for me, no amount of irrational fun survives the regret that follows when my better nature kicks in. Sigh. Moving on.

Four. That's the number of special people I spent time with this past weekend. One new and exciting but with a multinational corporation trying to keep us apart (imagine facebook having green as its corporate colour), one old and precious providing such fun relaxing company, one long lost from long ago (and looking quite pleasing to the eye with that long hair) and one as prevalent as ear wax who I assume my personality just vexes the shit out of.

You know what I've become good at? Indifference. I can ignore the viking shit out of the vagaries of human nature where these are irrelevant to me, which is, invariably, all the time. I have a heart, but its in secure cold storage beyond the reach of mediocrity.

2 comments:

Hahaha! I can only imagine what was going on in her (chiq whose overly excited at the awesome movie) mind. Imagine my disappointment when I went to rewatch the movie and it was all booked. anyway, moving on, HARRY POTTER! AWESOME! Can't wait! Should I rewatch all the others first? I think I should. in fact, I think I will.

lol, I'm planning to rewatch the last 2 before Friday. That chic was awesome except towards the end when she got freaky!

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Bird Gadget