Tuesday, July 19

Cryptic

I had posted this a few days back but deleted it out of residue of human empathy that I have, but the residue has since been depleted and otherwise rendered redundant so here goes the post.....


So apparently I'm not as clever as I thought.

Just to be clear, I didn't think I was that smart to being with but hey, I think I thought therefore I thought I am (some of you will get that, some of you won't, so don't feel bad if you don't, it's life).

A wise man once said, for most things there is no absolute truth, just the strength of your convictions. That wise man is me, just now. I guess that's the premise of all religions and most faiths (all except that which I subscribe to and don't you dare question my faith in my own blog), power emanates from conviction rather than the truth of the belief.

I digress.

I have come to this realization due to recent interactions and especially with one interesting individual. I like understanding people just like the rest of you but the difference is that I like putting my understanding of people in words, elsehow said, I like being able to describe the people I interact with.

And I've met my match.

Well, not exactly someone like me, but someone I see similar traits in, resulting in both fascination and frustration on my end. Fascination coz, well, I'm me. And frustration coz, well, I'm me - stubborn and resilient, impatient and almost incorrigibly unforgiving.

But like the ying and the yang, the maturity of the one is the seed of it's own destruction. In this person I see a shadow (not less, but vaguely similar) Of my strengths, and sadly so, my weaknesses. Intelligence has it's limits, resilience it's disadvantages and principles the ultimate obstacle in the pursuit of goals.

Cryptic post? Its entirely possible that one year from now when I have more important concerns, I maybe as clueless as you are as to what I'm alluding to.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Bird Gadget