Wednesday, July 13

"[Random Stranger] has accepted your friend request"

I promised someone I'd dig into their profile and get to the first ever facebook wall post or post a blog. After 10 minutes, I had gone all the way back to February 18, 2011 where there was a post about tomatoes and fruit salad. I gave up. Waaaay too much wall activity. So now I have to post something here instead.

Don’t you just hate it when blogger is down and you have a burning post to put up? Well, that’s not happened to me in a while so that was just a pointless whine. Here’s a more contextual one.

Don’t you just hate it when facebook sends you a notification saying that “[Random Stranger] has accepted your friend request”? Random Stranger being someone you have absolutely no recollection of sending a request to.

Doesn’t it make you feel like there’s a bunch of people out there who frequently see your friend request on their profile, sneer at it adoringly then conveniently ignore it? And doesn’t it feel like they must have lost some level of self esteem to finally accept that friend request, months or perhaps years later?

I mean, even banks recognize that cheques go stale after 6 months, shouldn’t facebook have such a rule for friend requests? I know I have, so every time I get one of those (not that its frequent but its happened more than once), I’ll go to that person’s profile and unfriend. If you’re really that interested, send me an invite. I promise I won’t sit on it. I’ll accept (unlikely) or “not now” it so fast that I’ll hardly, save for near eidetic memory, remember there was such an incident a few hours later.

Wednesday is the worst day of the week for me, its both good and bad, like Severus Snape. It’s so darn close to Friday but at the same time so close to Monday. At least Monday’s all bad, especially before noon, like Voldemort in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 (which you probably haven’t watched yet unlike me…..assuming you don’t read this before Friday at 10pm – triple negatives, I wonder what Mrs. Gitau would say now).


2 comments:

LOL! I never get those. All I get is "I'm sorry I removed you as a friend. I didn't mean to." yet I hardly ever notice when they do. And sorry, I read this before Friday. :-)

lol, well, since you'll watch it at the same time, I guess it doesn't matter. I have that problem coz I once used those anonymous email addresses to find friends.

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Bird Gadget