Tuesday, October 25

I think I'd like me if I met me!

If I met me, I think I'd like me. No, seriously. Thinking about it, I realize that I like me, objectively speaking. I'm almost exactly how I'd want me to be, and there's very little I'd change about myself. The little I'd like to change, is mostly what I can never change.

I'm not saying it would be a flawless encounter. No, I'm sure at first I'd be a little cautious, which I completely understand, of course. And then I would embark on a journey of discovery, self-discovery, you might say. And when I realize I've known enough about me to pierce the cold callous exterior, then I'd appreciate what I found underneath, and the need to protect it from the scalding touch of lesser mortals.

Oh yes, I think I'd like me, and I'd get along with me. I'd even understand my mood swings, and the need for some "me" time. Heck, I think I'd even love me, and with a few other considerations, I'd date me. Of course being a guy will have its complications, such as commitment issues to say the least. But love conquers all, doesn't it.

Maybe I'd judge myself too harshly, or demand too much of myself, but I'd understand why. And I would go a bit out of my way to accommodate myself because of it. I'd think I'd be a good friend to me, I'd be faithful, understanding without being suffocating and petty.

Sigh, it feels good to know I'd like myself if I met myself and had the chance to know myself.

PS, don't dare read any poetic strain in the post, it was not meant to be.

1 comments:

And on that note, I'm going to go ahead and comment on my post, and commend my own liking of me.

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Bird Gadget