Sunday, October 9

Bloctober

Ain't life just ironic?

I spent a few painful hours with two friends who were once love birds but have since found the inevitable differences. The tension in the air between them was palpable and tiring; eventually just had to separate for the sake of my Sunday. It all boils down to ego, I think. They're both too proud to make enough effort to get along with each other.

I don't blame them, my ego makes such socially awkward moments a case of black or white. We either get along and I recognize your existence or we don't get along and you're persona non grata. And its a bad thing, to be so damn unforgiving. Humans are not wired for that. Oh well, to each his own.

And they both spent countless minutes telling me how much the other is at fault. Sigh, I'm glad when I don't get along with someone, I don't go around saying how bad they are just so that by some chance they can hear that and make more effort to reconcile. If I don't get along with you, I just don't.

I sucked at bowling, a game about simple vectors. I normally don't suck, but the combination of alcohol and weird mix of company was disconcerting enough for my brains higher functions to be compromised.

I'll have an issue this week. I suspect I'll have to say no at some point, both to people dear to me and to myself. Bring it on, baby. I like the challenge of saying no.

Interesting month. I like.

1 comments:

'...and they both spent countless minutes telling me how much the other is at fault..' really *shakes head while smiling*

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Bird Gadget