Thursday, October 6

Wednesday Nightmares

I had a nightmare yesterday, actually a series of nightmares. But they weren’t nearly as scary as those in between moments when I was awake and checked facebook for current happenings. And no, Steve Jobs death did not scare me that much, in fact, the thought that someone else would beat me at coming up with clever witty jokes about that was more disturbing.

The source of my disconcertion was a news feed item that showed two people who recently became friends. One of these is the most psychotic person I know, as in I literary freak out every time I hear his name. And the reason for this is not my fault, mostly. When you have the kind of friends I have, finding your way into the most freakish situation is not very hard.

Anyway, I’ve been ignoring this person since before post election violence. I could brave commuting through the CBD during the height of the post election violence but I have not dared respond to the many attempts at reconciliation from this one individual.

The other one just has issues.

Both, at some point in knowing me, have wanted a piece of me, including wanting to cut out a large piece of me and watch me bleed to death. Ok, I exaggerate. But the point was, two vaguely distressing memories have converged into one anomalous association. I will wait with baited breath to see if a combined assault ensues.

Weeeeee shall, we shall not be moved (in a workers union singing voice).

Oh, Steve Jobs finally did something everyone alive now will have to do in their lifetime. He died. iTook a bite of that Apple once, and it wasn't bad, it wasn't bad at all.

1 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Bird Gadget