Monday, May 9

The Philosophy of a Weekend

For the first time since I started blogging again, I took a few days off. Inadvertently. The weekend just caught up with me like one of those cyclic redundancy errors of the diskette era.

I always wonder if there is some underlying psychology behind what makes my weekends. Well, technically, of course there is. But can I ever know it. Should I make a case study of one?

In some ways this weekend was typical, characterized by the relaxing indiscipline of indulging in certain activities while yearning for other. Those I engaged in being sleeping, watching tv and visiting friends, while those I yearned for being hitting the road in German technology, enjoying the presence of a chosen companion and receiving a deep tissue massage. About hitting the road in German technology, you know you crave the road when you start heading to a place called Kinoo for an official meeting and you end up in a place called Limuru just coz ‘you missed a turn’. And it’s the fuel tank that stopped me. And this was not German engineering.

But this weekend does not make for an ideal case study. It had a few unusual about it. One being I went out. To Westlands of course for the only thing that makes going out worth while. A feast for the eyes. Watching that youth at the prime of life dressed in the most “interesting” ways gives me some sort of joy.

My interest in this crowd is not popular perverted drool of the elderly thinking about the old days when they still had virility in their loins or the senseless panting of a teenager in heat, but the envy of a culture that was not part of my early years and an almost artistic appreciation of the aesthetics of a finer biology complimented by contemporary fashion.

I have to confess that had I been part of such a crowd when I was young, I would not have turned out to be the person I am today. I am grateful in part that I didn’t enjoy that lifestyle, but I’m also glad that I’m getting to see it before I’m too old to be anything but a pervert in enjoying the scene.

Another thing that made this weekend unusual is that, for the first time in months, I did not have a full house. I think in total, I had 2 visitors to my name. The usual culprits were missing, along with the usual shenanigans.

I did two things that I’m embarrassed about. Both a result of indiscipline. Of course I wont tell you what they are, I said they’re embarrassing, didn’t I?

Overall, May is turning out to be a “not so bad month”.

Random thought – I don’t think this is going to be a “deep” week. I think I’ll discuss more personal stuff.

1 comments:

LMAO! to pursue happiness in the name of an accidental occurrence. That sounds like something I'd do. Do that more often, see what happens. I don't know what would, so I'm not daring you.idental occurrence. That sounds like something I'd do. Do that more often, see what happens. I don't know what would, so I'm not daring you.

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Bird Gadget