Sunday, May 1

Judges without verdict

One day I'll write a post without the words 'I' or 'me'. But not today. Me I'll write about something else.


Having said that, bad english grates me. Especially when it flaws good looks. If you look like rail track kill then I won't notice those errors. Flogging a dead horse? Ok, that's cruel. But seriously, it's a multistage process. First, looks. Then, posture, dressing and mannerisms followed by speech patterns and apparent intelligence. And it's a knockout type session.


Please note, I do not subscribe to the school of thought that people should only opine on topics which they have absolute command of. I think the concept of fair opinion counts. So forgive my many slip-ups, English is not native to me, it's the product of a system designed by lesser gods.


What does the world have against quiet people? I recently gave this some thought and this is my two cents on the matter (due to inflation, the aforementioned two cents may not be what they once were). Everyone judges, with brute efficiency we form opinions on things we have limited information about. And we proceed to act on presumptions and assumptions. And everyone is aware of this. It's why we dress up and learnt to speak and behave as we prefer to. Our preferences are dictated by our need to influence others opinion of ourselves.


So since we know others do it to us, and since we have a vested interest in the opinion formed, we itch to know how we've fared. Now here comes the connection. Quiet people don't betray their thoughts as readily as our benevolent-mouthed colleagues. So you know you've been judged, but don't know the verdict.


See how much a quiet person is distrusted in a crowd. It's akin to how a sober person is regarded by drunks. You feel observed n yet denied of a basic right, the right to open sentence. You subconsciously run a trial through your mind and unless your conscience is singed, the trial consumes you. Ish.


I like quiet people, they set everyone on edge and get them to quietly stew themselves.


Random thought - of late I've been mixing fruit juice and soda. What's that all about?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Bird Gadget