Tuesday, May 3

Conspiracy

Lordy. Today I was crippled for two hours.

First, I'm running low on fuel, two traffic builds up as people rush to fuel stations. It takes me a blistering hour to cover a journey that takes ten to fifteen minutes. Then I can't fuel coz.....well, that's where all the traffic is headed. Then I get home and no lights, and I'm out of credit.

Then the ATM decides I should save and not spend by denying me my dues. I go back home to deal with my misery and my phone is running out of charge. I turn to the long-battery-life "Ippy" and it's at 25% - two and a half hours worth. So I decide to continue reading my current novel - Ramses, the Damned by Anne Rice. Guess what, I'd synced the iPad with a fresh install of iTunes and my novels are all gone. All of them. I'm as damned as Ramses, not as old though, but with the same passion for immortality (Remind me to discuss immortality one of these days, I have a thought or two on the subject).

Depression. Home alone with no lights, no charge, no credit, no novel, no fuel, no food and no money. Times you wish you'd made the move on that Neighbour a long time ago.

Most of these are resolved now. But it left me wondering at how dependent we are on volatile things. I guess this is where family comes in handy. Should I get married? Not yet, I've downloaded mahjong in case that happens again. Nice try tho.

Random thought. Screw you for outing me. Screw you, and a threesome too.

1 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Bird Gadget