Monday, August 22

Oh-CAMP fOr SIX

What? That was the most profound dignity stripping event ever. Goes to show how important preparation is. I went camping, no, that wasn't the problem. The problem is that we randomly decided to race, and I was way ahead. But then, my shoes decided that since they had long shoe laces and had not been tied, they could pull a judas on me. My shoes left me, mid stride, and I flew. No, seriously, there's falling then there's diving then there's flying. Lucky for me my chest "broke my fall" and I skidded safely to a halt. I got bruises in unexplainable parts, some unmentionable parts too. Fortunately there was no expectation of rising to the occasion because of serious injuries to a most cruicial part - my ego.

Moving on. Camping was fun.....until we ran out of everything from alcohol to firewood to meat. But that 6 city boys got a fire going with cold firewood and without parafin tells me there's hope yet when the world ends.

So anyway, here I am starting the last week of my leave with the walking style of a trauma victim. Why my things are aching, I have no idea.

Things to carry next time: kerosene, alcohol, pillows, mattresses, extra ego, kettle (never again will I take hot tea for granted in the morning). The lesson learnt is that there are things we take for granted which are most critical for our sanity, and a fun weekend away is the best way to remember them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Bird Gadget