Saturday, August 27

The End Of All Things Good

Sitting here next to two lovers, watching the young in their frivolity and trying to read about a character that I have stubbornly refused to let go of.

I guess they are lovers from the way they lean close to each other to talk, something short of standard bombers conspiratory proximity but much closer than peeves discussing random exploits. I can't see a ring on either hand. It touching, every single soul has the innate desire to identify and share with another soul, and yet this remains a most elusive goal. For me especially.

They young with their frivolity. I'm presuming the frivolity from the senseless pursuit of fashion (which serves my recurrent need for aesthetic sustenance) and the baseless bonds of friendships and the non-committal flirtations. Sigh, they say youth is wasted on the young and at times I wonder what I would do with mine to prove that the old adage lacks ubiquity. I love the young, and how audaciously they adopt and adapt to change.

I made a mistake, I lashed out in anger and lost the one approach I respect in social engagements - diplomacy. I had a clear goal in mind and had plotted out what I needed to do to achieve it, but I underestimated the tenacity of the subject. Yet another sigh.

I'm enjoying the last weekend before I go back to work, actually half a weekend since I'll be leaving for a business trip before the weekend is over. A friend of mine asked me what I could say I did with my leave, and I'm proud to have not hesitated in replying. The one thing that I did with my leave is the one thing I believe serves the purpose of leave. I rested. I've seen too many people who return from "rest" all tired and exhausted and looking like they need exactly what they came from.

I must say I love the new over priced international chicken snack shop which debuted in the country recently. The number of sights and sounds in this place  has now become overwhelming. A friend of mine who shares the same debauchered social pastime today remarked to me that observing and appreciating is becoming hard from the sheer options that we are assaulted with on a constant basis.

I made a bizarre observation yesterday, I'm losing more and more in card games and truth and dares, especially where the penalty for losing is stripping. And even more bizarre is I'm finding myself not minding it actually got down to my undies at a point. I know, too much info. The point is, maybe I should actually take on swimming. I've always relished the idea but have never been comfortable being scantily dressed, unless I'm getting some. But if recent events are anything to go by, I think I'm getting more and more confident of being in my own skin.

Farewell, dear leave, you have been kind and gentle with me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Bird Gadget