Monday, August 15

Leaving Feels So Damn Good

My first few days of leave have been exquisite. I haven't gone to Mombasa as planned but I'm not complaining.

I was dragged out of my house by my friends at 11pm and taken to an old man's place. I was under the impression that we were just going to pick up a camera and so naive old me was shocked to get back home barely in time for my leave bed time - 3am. But it wasn't all bad, the old man is hilarious, very hilarious, starting from the backdrop that he was unhappy to have to entertain at such a late hour. I was laughing for the first could of hours on Monday - no better way to start the week.

One of the funniest thing, and quite flattering as well, was the question "does your mother know you're out?" I got a stitch.

Today I woke up late, and I woke up to work. I've picked up a personal client courtesy of an old friend, and this client is more comfortable with me doing the work instead of the firm, and I think the work will pay well too. So I didn't mind waking up to spend an hour getting food for my non-existent children.

Then I went looking for HD versions of this years big movies - Transformers and Harry Potter. Sadly, nothing except camera copies are available for download. So I made a spur of the moment decision - to go watch the damned thing in theatre. I like this spontaneous biz - 40 minutes later I was in Westlands.

And finally the principal reason that I've posted today. A model says I look great in skinnies. HILARIOUS, ain't it? But strangely I'm still flattered. Blame those sales people and their way of getting you to think you're making the best decision of your life. Maybe now I'll stop going to westlands n just sit in front of the mirror - nah, my ain't that big.

I'm liking this week so far.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Bird Gadget