Thursday, August 18

Chronic Labeler

I'm back at it again, this describing people shit. I'm a labeler. It makes me sleep better at night, and of course y'all identify corresponding people in your lives. I've always thought I'm a good judge of character and personality, at times from a mere look, and I'm rarely ever wrong. In fact, I can think of only 3 times in my life when I've been what you can call remotely wrong about someone's personality. I may not figure out exactly what you are, but I never fall for the facades that are all too common in today's society. I have a facade too, and I take great pride in it, and even greater pride in its permanence.


I'm a sucker for nice people, so most of the people I bother thinking about have something about them that say "I'm nice". It's the vagaries of this niceness that makes them different. Take for instance this person who is an all round fake, every action and reaction is simulated but not felt, and every attempt at self-description is is a perpetrated fraud, a hollow shell of a person actually (Ok, that's a bit judgemental). Then there's this nice person who seems a bit too eager to please but whose real motivation I'm yet to figure out, but at least the smile is genuine. Ok, maybe I've read a little too much into it from a few random encounters. But as I said, I read a lot from the first few glances, and very little of that reading turns out to be faulty.

I won't categorize any more here. I'm a stereotype junkie, but I insist that the stereotype must be accurate enough and you must be willing to make concessions on an individual level.

I have a friend who I've known for ages and people wonder why we get along so much. I finally figured it out yesterday. He gives voice to my more personal views and therefore keeps me from the brink of madness. He's a bit like me, in the way that matters, and therefore makes the voice in my head sound normal. Thats a good thing, right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Bird Gadget