Tuesday, June 14

Que Sera Sera

Don't you love that feeling you get when you do something and finish it? I'm writing while riding out this feeling. There are moments when I have work to do which I feel I could delegate but at the same time I'm sure I won't like what I'll get back. You know, at times, to do something right you must do it yourself. I guess those are the moments when I see both the problem and the solution but I need to put that solution in prose (so to speak) so that the recipient doesn't take me for a lazy retard for sending bullet points, half processed thoughts and unformatted work. Some say substance over form but so long as you're dealing with human beings, presentation triumphs fact.

Moving on, a friend of mine recently gave me advice. He tells me, as I already believe, that relationships grow organically. You don't just wake up one day and decide to get into one, at least not the ones that last, instead, you wake up one day and realize you got into one quite a while back. After all, what is a relationship but a sub-set of association type.

But the devil is, as usual, in the detail (which, I guess, explains why some people possess more aesthetic value at a distance). He's proposing that an association I've been having is blossoming into a relationship and I should let it progress into a full blown one. I beg to differ. No doubt the association is good, I enjoy the company and I think the feeling is reciprocated, but its nothing more.

The problem with people like me who think they know other people and know all about human psychology is that we tend to have a very brief and steep exponential phase in associating with any particular person. We reach the plateau phase shortly after hello. Put it another way, we know what we want, we know what we can get and we don't bet on change.

The good thing is this, despite my viewpoint differing with that of my friend, our conclusions are similar. The primacy of status quo. Change is secondary and must be premeditated. Que Sera Sera.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Bird Gadget