Wednesday, June 22

What I want in my bedroom

Before I get to what I want in my bedroom, let me mention the things I appreciate about a weekend:

1. Sleep. One of the most constrained activities during the week is sleep. This whole unnatural business of telling your body when to wake up must be met with equal and opposing force during the weekend, and by this I mean sleep until your body is pissed off.

2. Friends. I never get to see enough of them during the week and as cool as my workmates are, there are parts of my social well being that they do not stimulate at all. So a friend or two will do, with just that little bit of compromise on preferred activities in order to accommodate them.

3. TV. Watching TV during the week is a highly controlled activity, much like medication.During the weekend, I need to get fed up watching telly so that, come Monday morning, its all out of my system.

4. Eye candy. One of the tragedies of being me is that official wear does nothing to enhance the aesthetic value of those few mortals who I get to see on a daily basis. Even if it did, I have a very small selection to choose from and that, invariably, has disappointed me. So over the weekend, I like to get an eye-full of beauty, keeps me from enjoying them post-apocalyptic horrors too much.

5. The Road. Travel during the week is a necessary inconvenience due to traffic and time constraints. During the weekend (or at night) however, hitting the road with no urgent destination is completely relaxing to me. I've always found inspiration from motion (not that kind, wipe the smirk off your face) and the road gives me one of those rare opportunities.

If you think that picking a cute friend from out of town and going home to watch TV in bed with them would sort me out then you don't know exactly how choosy I am about who gets to be my friend, what constitutes good looks, who can get into my bed and exactly how far I'd be willing to go to get such a person.

So what happens when I have a lousy weekend? Well, the road needs some sort of inspiration (and company and fuel). Eye candy is a tricky one,  where to find them and how long I can enjoy the scenery before it becomes creepy is not an exact science.

TV needs resources, namely movies and series I haven't watched to the point of nausea, and such few script writers and directors can hold my attention long enough. Friends can be sucky at times, either by not being available, or not getting the idea behind the road, eye candy and TV interest I have.

Sleep, on the other hand, is within my complete control. But at times I am unfaithful to my bed, by leaving it for TV, eye candy, the road or friends, at times by bringing strangers to it.

The conclusion is simply this, I need a TV in my bedroom, and posters of beautiful people, and enough credit to chat to my friends....occasionally about the road.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Bird Gadget